Trauma to teeth
With they way children run around with all their energy its more than likely they’ll have a few accidents along the way. Sometimes during these accidents trauma to the teeth may occur. Below are signs to watch for following trauma.
Change in color (especially gray)
- Sensitivity to biting pressure (any change in biting into food)
- Sensitivity to temperature (hot or cold food or drink)
- Change in color of gums especially above tooth in question, from pink to beefy red or gingival swelling
- Mobility (loosening) of affected tooth
- Tooth pain (any spontaneous discomfort from affected tooth)
If any of these symptoms arise, please do not hesitate to call with any questions or to schedule an appointment. Remember, these symptoms can arise shortly after the accident or weeks to months into the future.